Thursday, July 1, 2010

27 Weeks

I haven't shared a belly photo yet so I thought I'd take one today on my 27th week anniversary. It's amazing to think we have only about 90 days to go before this baby will be born!

Today I went to the OB to discuss the results of the glucose screening test I had done last week. I've been fearing high numbers or borderline ones because my first baby was 9lbs. 9oz. and I've secretly wondered if my borderline numbers then turned into full-blown gestational diabetes later in the pregnancy contributing to her sumo-esque weight at birth. But the doctor said on the contrary, this time around I tested only 48 which should have left me passed out on the floor it's so low. In other words, my insulin production is great and sugar levels are low, no gestational diabetes here! This is some of the most hopeful news I've ever heard. I can feel my spirit lifting and my doubts slipping away that a natural vaginal birth after cesarean I've been hoping for will not only be possible but indeed probable!

I'm still restricting the amount of refined sugar I eat in order to do my very best to limit unnecessary weight gain for the baby and for myself but the test shows that even if I do sneak a bite of pie or two or three or four, my body is amply able to soak it up and not deliver too much of that fattening good stuff to the baby. So, here's to hoping for a normal-sized baby and really anything under 9lbs. will do!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Let's have some pie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, you didn't look that big when i saw you three weeks ago! Love the photos you posted of the vineyard...

    ReplyDelete