Thursday, January 27, 2011

Roll over baby!

Noa caught me by surprise about a week ago by rolling over from her back to her stomach (the more difficult of the two directions one can roll). I knew it was a fluke. I was hoping it would take another month for her to figure this particular milestone out. Instead it took one week! And I caught the act on video. I'm not quite sure who I'm more proud of, her for performing on cue or me for just sensing this would be her moment and catching it on camera.





If we can learn anything from Gi's experience, this whole rolling over thing can only mean one thing: babyhood is going to be a thing of the past very, very soon. Gi rolled over back to front at 4.5 months. She was crawling at 6 months and by 7 months she was FAST. She went on to walk early at 10 months. It looks like if Noa follows her big sister's lead, all our best intentions of getting to France before she crawls are in vain. We are set to travel there a little after she turns 6 months old. Here's hoping we won't have to corral a crawling baby on the floors of a dirty airplane! And let me just pause here to sniff and wipe a little tear off my cheek. I know this year of milestones is going to go by so fast now that she's mobile. It sure hits home when you know you are watching the very last baby you'll ever have start to take her first baby steps to independence. Motherhood is just filled with these odd mixtures of happy and sad, pride and terror all bundled together.

No comments:

Post a Comment