Monday, November 12, 2012

Almost to winter now

I am so glad we got out and went letterboxing last week in Bridgeport. It was completely deserted even though in the summer it is the most popular swimming hole around and it was probably the last day of sunshine and temps in the high 70s that we'll see now until May. Last weekend already brought us our first dusting of snow!

We've been up to lots of new crafts and keeping busy with preschool for Gi, mommy and me school for Noa and music class for them both. I have been working on fundraising for the preschool, selling bulbs and getting ready to pour my energy into an olive oil fundraiser next. At every corner, just when I think we will have a free weekend to do nothing but laze around I realize we've booked ourselves solid with another adventure or two or twelve. It's not at all a chore but I know how quickly this time passes, these days with toddlers and preschoolers, when I still have my kids all to myself not lost for 8 hours to the school system each and every day. And I want to be sure to cherish these moments so I can lean on my memories when the inevitable day arrives (next fall!) when Gi goes off to school. It's shocking to think we'll be applying for kindergarten in just a few short months.

I'm leaving you with photos of our last day of warm fall weather and a couple of photos of us this weekend playing in our new cold fall weather too. Don't miss the one of Gi on skis for the first time ever! What a difference a couple days in early November can make.









No comments:

Post a Comment