Sunday, October 28, 2012

Insomnia

Have you ever tried the "next blog" feature on blogger? That's the link in the top left corner of your screen, right after the search bar and share options.

I always wondered if there was some massive blogger list somehow ordered by creation date or background theme and that by clicking on this link some equally massive google algorithm would whisk me away to another cyber location and another completely unrelated blog next in line on the list. Tonight I finally had the chance to try it out. I clicked. It transported me as promised to another blog. It was a gardening blog, the last entry of which was two years ago. So I clicked again. It sent me to the homepage of a garden store in Miami. Weird and totally uninteresting as I have no need for seeds from a sub-tropical gardening zone as I live here in the California foothills, a decidedly temperate zone. I clicked one more time and came across a random family blog which displayed the last post about a trip to Yosemite. Hmmm...maybe this feature is not so random and not so smart either. Vinesinthemountains is definitely a family blog and many of my posts mention garden-related or outdoors themes and we did take a trip to Yosemite recently but that's where the similarity ends. Just in case you were wondering. That particular feature of this blog page is useless. I know. It was driving you insane with curiosity too. 

And now that I have set the record straight on that one and I am convinced no one other than gardener's from Miami with an interest in someday visiting Yosemite may ever reach my blog through this little portal, I can now rest my insomniac eyes and be at peace that this little corner of the cyber world is safe and warm and tucked into a cozy bed of anonymity even if at 1:30 this morning I am not. I really. must. stop drinking those grande extra dry cappuccinos after 3pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment