Monday, August 30, 2010

Apple craft

It's not often that I peruse the Martha Stewart website and I can't even tell you why I ended up there today but I landed on a craft page that works perfectly for my over-abundant supply of apples from our orchard that are now going rotten on the kitchen counter and my endless-energy toddler who loves to paint. It's a fun way to decorate any plain old piece of paper or canvas bag and I immediately thought of my eco-friendly canvas shopping bags hanging in the pantry when I saw this. The best part is that no one will know my apples are actually half rotten and their wrinkly skins might even make this a little more Van Gogh interesting! I'll have to post pics of our little crafting time later today when they're finished. Until then, for all you crafty types I heartily suggest a quick look at the Martha Stewart website for other cute ideas: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/3-tiny-creatures-costumes?page=4&backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/baby-costumes#slide_9

And here's the finished product! I can't wait to show it off when I bag my groceries.

2 comments:

  1. this is a SUPER fun project! you can also make excellent stamps out of potatoes. at camp we had the kids make fish print t-shirts--smelly but super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Erin, fish huh? That would be fun after the ick factor. What kind of paint did you use for it? I'm using tempera paints on the canvas bags but am worried once I wash the bags everything will wash out.

    ReplyDelete